Thursday, September 24, 2009

My baby turned two... two months, that is!


I can't believe how fast our little girl is growing. The other day I looked back at her one month old pictures, and couldn't believe how different she looked. When did this all happen? She's just growing so fast! She is so smiley and happy. We've joined Kanga Bounce at the YMCA. I LOVE it! Not only do I get a great workout, but Solana and I get to share special Mommy/Daughter time together. During our cooldown, I just love being head to head on the mats with her. It's like she's laughing at me. LOVE IT!

We brought her on her second road trip. Not bad! 2 months old and she's already got two roadies under her belt! She did great! We headed off to Sudbury to stay with Emily and Thomas. It was such a relaxing weekend.


On Sunday, we left Leo and Tom with Solana to watch some football.
She's discovered TV too! Uh oh!

On Tuesday, Solana had her two month shots. It was so hard to watch my little girl get poked and proded. At needle time, I had to distract her, Leo had to hold her legs down, and the two nurses counted to three and poked each leg. If Solana could talk.. this is her play by play.
"Hi Mommy"
"Look, I have a big smile"
"Smilessssss... OUch!"
"Hmmmm... what was that"
"OUCHHHH!!!!"
"MOMMY!!!!!!"

It was heartbreaking! I picked her up, and then she stoped crying.... looking around at everyone. Then... it really hit her! Ooooohhh that cry! And yes, I did cry too.

When the nurse was examining her, I told her about Solana's belly button, asking if it's normal for her to have an "innie" sometimes, and an "outie" others. After checking around, we find out that it might be a hernia! A hernia? My baby has a hernia? We have an appointment to see a surgeon next month... yes... i cried again :)

Leo has been off work for almost two weeks, so he was able to spend a lot of daddy time with her. It was killer watching him have to go back to work (well... I didn't really watch... I'm one sleepy mommy at 4am!


I can't wait to see what the next month of Solana's life will be bringing us. Her smile is constant now, her cries are changing to baby cries, rather than newborn cries, she loves to "talk" to us. What will this month bring?

2 comments:

  1. I like this one!!

    So, I added your blog to my blog on my "Blogs I Read" section...

    I also think you'd like to read dooce.com. She's kind of a famous blogger...but she had a baby right around the same time you did and she's quite funny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! so cute!! The best age is from 6 to 9 months.. I can't wait for Gaby to get there! At that point, they're still babies, but not too small to handle!
    ... your pictures are so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete