Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The day my life began...






(My first moment with my little girl)








She came into our world at 2:35am, July 18, 2009, weight 8lbs 8oz, 20 1/4 inches long. Unlike her mother, Solana is very punctual. Arrived bright eyed, and curious on her due date. Nothing prepared me for what was to come. I continuously told others, that no matter what your read, nothing can prepare you for life with your first child.

I remember sitting in the hospital room, just her and I after Daddy went home to wash up, staring at this beautiful little girl, yet for some reason, I didn't recognize her as my daughter. That sounds so terrible to say. I don't know if it was feeling traumatized from such a long labour, or the fear of the unknown future, or being so worried about every breath she took (not that I should have worried, because she was just fine) but staring at her on this Saturday afternoon, the world stood still. Then she started to stir. Then she started to cry. Then I looked around. "It's just you and me" is what I thought. I picked her up, and rocked her, as if I rocked her a million times before. And that is when it happened. She opened her eyes and stared right into mine, and I said "there you are, I see you". And my heart melted. To this day, my heart melts over and over again.





(Solana's one month birthday cupcake)






I can't believe that Solana will be two months old on Friday. I feel like I've been doing this forever. I can't believe how much I have learned already. It hasn't been easy. I am pretty paranoid, second guessing every move, but only because I love her so. I feel like I've grown into a woman in the last 8 weeks. A woman who is no longer afraid of anything, because I have a little one to show the world to. So many hard decisions have been made already. I can't believe how difficult of a decision it was to choose to stop breastfeeding!

I am one very lucky girl. I have the husband any woman would dream of. I hope and pray that Solana will find someone in her life that makes her just as happy as he makes me. I couldn't ask for a better family, or better friends. I count my blessings everyday, and am so happy that I can finally track all the memories through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment