Thursday, October 8, 2009

Crib Training...

Until this week, Solana has been cosleeping with Leo and I. I swore that I would never be the mom who brought her kids to bed with her. I don't mind it as babies, but I know too many mom's who say "train them now, because it won't end..." We purchased a beautiful bassinet... Solana wanted nothing to do with it.


So, after picking up our winnings from Sears because of Solana's punctual attendance into our world, we decided to stock up on monitors that would put us at ease. The first is the oh so famous AngelCare monitor that alarms if baby stops breathing, and the other is a video monitor, that let's me watch her while she sleeps.


After setting it up, and getting the crib sleep ready, we made the big move. I was sad to not have her sleeping beside me but I knew it was time for her to have her own space. I felt like we were the ones waking her up all night long. She is constantly fidgeting, looking for her chooch.

I fell asleep watching the monitor rather than watching the tv...


Night #1... Solana slept from 9 till 11, had a bottle, back down till 4am... REFUSED to go back to sleep... after an hour of inconsolable crying, I brought her back to bed with me. She fell asleep. So did I.


Night #2... Solana slept from 9 till 11, had a bottle, back down till 12, then till 1, then till 2... then inconsolable crying. I said to myself "nope, I am NOT going to bring her back to bed with me". 3 hours later. I brought her back to bed with me.


Night #3... Solana slepft from 10 till 4:30 am!!!! (Notice I left out the last bottle, but rather made her last bottle fuller) Had a bottle, then from 5am till 8:30!!!

Now that's a sleeping beauty!!!! I was soooo proud of her! Now I know this may not happen again, but at least I had a good nights rest, and we know what it should look like.


Night #4... Tonight she's been sleeping in her crib since 9pm.. it's now midnight... let's keep our fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment