Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bumps and Bruises


Ugh. You CRIED. And I held you and said... "shhh... it's okay Baby. Mommy's right here with you. Shhhh... Everything is going to be okay."


Once you were left to just sniffles... it was mommy's turn to cry. Wow. Watching you get your first true bump, just crushed my heart.


But, then I realized, there will be many more bumps, and many more bruises. I will watch you bump a lot more. I will watch you scrape your knee. I will watch you cry over a broken heart. And mommy will always hold you and say... "shhh... it's okay Baby. Mommy's right here with you. Shhhh... Everything is going to be okay."


And then I will cry too.

2 comments:

  1. Awww I'm tearing up! I wish we could protect our little girls from life's bumps, bruises and broken hearts but I guess they are a part of life... and make us all stronger in the end! You are right, everything is always going to be okay :).

    ReplyDelete